We are delighted to announce that the 2012 Motoscape Banger Rally is now full!!!
This is quite amazing as we are only in February. It is definitely the fastest take up rate ever, so a big, big thank you to everyone who has registered. It’s an awesome experience!!!
There may be some additional spaces released if any teams need to cancel their booking due to unforeseen circumstances, therefore please complete our “register as a reserve” form if you want to be put on the reserve list. This will be on a strict first come first served date order basis to be fair to all teams.
This year’s rally is gearing up to be the biggest and best in Motoscape history and the organisers, Paul, Peter and Mark are busy working hard to ensure all hotels, challenges and information packs are all first class.
Here are a few tips for the registered teams:
1. Beg, borrow or buy a European Sat Nav (including eastern Europe if you are going to Prague)… they are invaluable!!! The purists can of course use a compass and map book.
2. Digital camera / quality camera phone with the ability to send data over the internet (this is useful if you are running late to ensure the daily challenges are sent before the cut off time).
3. Try and obtain your car early and drive it around for a while. Drive it up long hills in low gear / high revs. This will generally identify many potential issues with the car.
4. Decorate the car! It’s worth making the effort!!! Most teams really do go that extra mile and you never know, you may win the “best-decorated car” cash prize.
5. Bring a few quid for some beers, wines or lattes (whatever floats your boat) and a sense of humour! The trip is a fantastic way to get a taste of Europe, have a few laughs along the way and meet a great bunch of people.
…………………… and finally SET OFF IN GOOD time for the meet in St Omer. Registration will open from 12.00 midday and the earlier you arrive the more people you will get to know, plus if there are any issues with your car there will be lots of people willing to help in the car park!
If anybody has any question don’t hesitate to give us a call on 0113 282 3181 or drop us an email at email@example.com.
Paul, Peter and Mark
The Motoscape Team